Monday, November 3, 2008

Master the Art of Reading

NaNoWriMo began well. I'd hoped to be a lot farther along, word-count-wise, by now, but I'm pretty happy with my weekend. It may seem it from today's post, but I won't forget about you this month.

I wrote a post earlier today but I don't want to put it up. I'm a little uncomfortable writing about artists who are still living. Tomorrow's post will lead to a fun and simple project on Wednesday, though, so stay tuned.

I do have something pretty cool to share with you today. I was at my local library on Saturday and I noticed some new reading posters decorating the walls. There are twelve posters in all and each features a different famous work of art. The paintings have been changed so that they include books. There is the Mona Lisa, reading a book with a smile. There is Seurat's Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte with books scattered across the lawn. And the subject of Edward Munch's The Scream is reading what must be a horror novel, judging by his expression.

Check out set 1 and set 2. I'm thinking of ordering them...

Return to main page.
_________________
My Current NaNoWriMo Word Count:

6756 / 50000 words. 14% done!

4 comments:

PeterParis said...

Really excellent these posters!! :-) Thanks for shareing with us!

14%, not bad!

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome posters! They didn't have them in our library. And you have piqued my curiosity - Just who is it we didn't get to read about today?
14% - Keep up that pace!!!!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I set the bar really high for this weekend so even though I didn't even come close I got a good start!

I'm glad you both liked the posters!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you're already at 14%! Way to go!!!!